Calendar and News
• Rime frost magic in the Preserve
• Tundra swans wintering on the water
• Self-guided walk in December—Revisiting Our Past: Archaeology in the Preserve
• First Snow Nov 24 – A walk in the woods with Arlene Koziol
• Self-guided walk in November – Board Walk
All non-essential university events have been cancelled due to the pandemic. This includes all Field Trips,Volunteer Workdays and Private Events.
The Preserve OPEN HOURS are from SUNRISE to SUNSET
Fires are not allowed
• eBird Hotspot Picnic Point - quick link to latest bird sightings in the Preserve.
The Friends of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve inspires people to connect to and care for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve.
Stretching from the Eagle Heights Natural Area to Picnic Point and the Lakeshore Path, the Preserve is a jewel of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, distinguishing it as one of the most beautiful in the country. The Preserve is an outdoor laboratory supporting research and education, and open to the public for passive recreation.
Please see our Mission and Goals and join us in caring for the Preserve. We invite you to explore the Preserve on this web site and in person, and attend Volunteer Days and free Field Trips.
UW-Madison Lakeshore Nature Preserve website maintained by the Preserve management staff.
To pay by check:
• Print out a Membership Form.
• complete the form and mail mail it with your check to
Friends of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve
P.O. Box 5534
Madison, WI 73705