Calendar - Field trips and Volunteer days
Nov 17, Sunday, 9am-noon, Picnic Point entrance
Nov 10 Geologic History of the Preserve and Madison Lakes (Sun, 1:00–3:00 p.m.). Back by popular demand, Geologist Dave Mickelson will picture for us the glaciers that were here 25,000 years ago and their effects on the landscape. Walk with him from the Lake Mendota shore at Raymer’s Cove up to the vistas in Eagle Heights Woods. Meet at Raymer’s Cove parking lot, 2900 Lake Mendota Drive. Leader: David Mickelson(608-262-7862, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Nov 24 Bird and Nature Outing (Sun, 1:30–3:00 p.m.). Leader: Dane Gallagher (email@example.com).
Wednesday November 20 from 3:00-4:30 p.m.in Union South
Second Public comment meeting on draft strategic plan for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve
The UW-Madison’s Lakeshore Nature Preserve will present their Draft Strategic Plan for public comment. Refreshments will be served. Check Today in the Union for room
• Crossword Puzzle solution for Fall issue of PRESERVE!
• Outreach at South Madison Community Partnership
• First evaluation of the Friends 2019 Spring Planting at Frautschi Point
• First cyanobacteria bloom of the year, June 17
• Tom Brock receives honorary degree
• Biocore Bird Observatory
• Water Quality Monitoring at University Bay – new Citizen Science project
• eBird Hotspot Picnic Point - quick link to latest bird sightings in the Preservecomprehensive .
Cyanobacteria Bloom on lake Mendota, June 27. 2018. Movie by Arlene Koziol
The Friends of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve inspires people to connect to and care for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve.
Stretching from the Eagle Heights Natural Area to Picnic Point and the Lakeshore Path, the Preserve is a jewel of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, distinguishing it as one of the most beautiful in the country. The Preserve is open to the public.
Please see our Mission and Goals and join us in caring for the Preserve. We invite you to explore the Preserve on this web site and in person, and attend Volunteer Days and free Field Trips.
UW-Madison Lakeshore Nature Preserve website maintained by the Preserve management staff.