Calendar - Field trips and Volunteer days
May 18, Saturday, Spring Wildflower Planting, 9am-noon, meet at Frautschi Point.
Come and join this spectacular planting event.
May 19. Groundswell: Annual Bird Walk (Sunday, 8:30–10:30 a.m.).
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. This field trip is filled.
May 26 Bird and Nature Outing (Sunday, 1:30–3:00 p.m.). Join the Board of the Friends of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve on a friendly and informative walk that will take you to their favorite places in the Preserve. Meet at PicnicPoint entrance.
• Tom Brock receives honorary degree
• Biocore Bird Observatory
• Water Quality Monitoring at University Bay – new Citizen Science project
• Bluebird pairs at the Biocore Prairie thinking about nesting
• Purple Martin season - grand opening
• Winter Wonders
• Lake Mendota record water levels ........ more
• Toxic Cyanobacteria Blooms on Lake Mendota—June 7 1nd June 27, 2018
• Prairie Interns: Education on the Job ..... more
• eBird Hotspot Picnic Point - quick link to latest bird sightings in the Preservecomprehensive .
Cyanobacteria Bloom on lake Mendota, June 27. 2018. Movie by Arlene Koziol
The Friends of the Lakeshore Nature Preserve inspires people to connect to and care for the Lakeshore Nature Preserve.
Stretching from the Eagle Heights Natural Area to Picnic Point and the Lakeshore Path, the Preserve is a jewel of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, distinguishing it as one of the most beautiful in the country. The Preserve is open to the public.
Please see our Mission and Goals and join us in caring for the Preserve. We invite you to explore the Preserve on this web site and in person, and attend Volunteer Days and free Field Trips.
UW-Madison Lakeshore Nature Preserve website maintained by the Preserve management staff.